Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Web Search

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cooking With The Kiddos - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Don't you just hate those commercials that show the mom and the child "Baking" together with pre-made cookie mix and is narrated how great it is to spend time with your family. Well, I do. It's great for a quick moment. I do not like the pre-made cookie mixes. They're fine once you take them out of the oven, but after a couple of hours, they're hard as a rock, and they don't taste the same as homemade. My mom always made homemade cookies. It only took about 10 minutes or less, to prepare it, and another 10 minutes to bake. Not that long.
Today my oldest son, Tristan and I made Chocolate Chip Cookies. We make them a lot.

Here is the recipe...

1 Cup Butter Flavored Crisco
2 Eggs
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Water
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Beat Until Creamy

1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 1/4 Cups Flour

Stir by hand. Add in 6oz (or more) Chocolate Chips.

Drop on ungreased cookie sheet. (I use an air bake cookie sheet)

Bake 10-12 Minutes At 375 Degrees

Here's what we did...

Tristan mixing it all together
I buy the Nestle 72 oz bag,of chocolate chips, since we make them all the time



I roll my cookie dough, to make it easier to place on the cookie pan


Then pry it apart about 1 inch pieces


Place on cookie sheet


Do the same with the rest


After we take them out of the oven, we have it sit on the cookie sheet for about 3-5 minutes


Then we put them on a cooling rack


Tristan taking his first bite


And we got a thumbs up









1 Comment:

Preschool Playbook said...

Now I have to go bake chocolate chip cookies--MMMM!

My eHow Articles

How to Videos & Articles: eHow.com